Over two weeks into free agency, some of the biggest names remain unsigned. Three-time Stanley Cup winners Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, winger Vladimir Tarasenko, and defenseman Matt Dumba are still on the market.
Matt Dumba lays a late hit on Joe Pavelski and receives a 2-minute minor penalty for roughing. pic.twitter.com/a6XTWf4Hup
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) April 18, 2023
Kane reportedly will not commit to a club until he is close to being fully recovered from off-season hip surgery. Tarasenko was close to signing with Carolina but changed representation and now in is limbo, and Dumba may be on hold due because of the Erik Karlsson not being consummated.
Sabres In Case You Missed It
- Sabres Rely On Relationships To Attract Blueliners
- Sabres Sign Clague To One-Year Deal
- Friedman: Dahlin And Power Extensions Top Priority
- Sabres Prospects Showing Off At Scrimmage
- Sabres Hope To Promote From Within To Replace Quinn
- Will The Sabres Have To Wait To Deal Olofsson?
- Are The Sabres Still Shopping In The Free Agent Market?
- Amerks Add Assistants Paetsch, Prospal To Replace Peca, Weber
- Miller Bridge Deal May Provide Roadmap For Power
- Sabres Lock Up Jacksonville As ECHL Affiliate
- Sabres Sign Wahlberg To ELC, Murray Re-signed
- How Much Rope Will The Sabres Goaltending Get?
The Tampa Bay Lightning had to make some roster manipulations prior to free agency, sending forward Ross Colton to Colorado, veteran Patrick Maroon to Minnesota, and Corey Perry to Chicago, but the club cleared enough room under the cap to re-sign restricted free agent Tanner Jeannot to a two-year deal, with an AAV of $2.665 million. After scoring 24 goals as a rookie in 2022, Jeannot dropped to six goals in 76 games with Nashville and Tampa Bay last season.
Hockey Now Network
Boston: Lucic “Might Tear Up” At Bruins Season Opener (Boston Bruins)
Chicago: Kane Won’t Be Signing Anywhere For Awhile (Chicago Blackhawks)
Florida: Who Stood Out At Florida Development Camp (Florida Panthers)
Los Angeles: Kings Standouts At Development Camp (Los Angeles Kings)
Nashville: O’Reilly Not Interested In Rebuild (Nashville Predators)
New Jersey: Devils Sign Tierney To One-Year Deal (New Jersey Devils)
Pittsburgh: Sources Refute Jarry Hip Injury Rumors (Pittsburgh Penguins)
San Jose: Karlsson And Labanc Trade Rumors (San Jose Sharks)
Vegas: Three Things That Could Go Wrong For Vegas Next Season (Vegas Golden Knights)