Buffalo Sabres 2022 first-round pick Matthew Savoie has fallen one step short of playing in the Memorial Cup, as the Winnipeg Ice were eliminated in five games by the Seattle Thunderbirds after their 3-1 win on Friday.
Savoie, 19, was the Sabres ninth overall selection last July in Montreal and scored 95 points (38 goals, 57 assists) in 62 games for the Ice this season and led the club in playoff scoring with 29 points (11 goals, 18 assists) in 20 games
— Canadian Hockey League (@CHLHockey) May 14, 2023
Sabres In Case You Missed It
- Hawks Win Lottery, Sabres Select 13th
- Will #13 Be Lucky For The Sabres In Nashville?
- Americans Underdogs To Top-Seeded Marlies
- Sabres Have Opportunity With Atlantic Rivals Showing Cracks
- Eichel’s Golden Knights Finish Off McDavid’s Oilers
- Sabres Need A Stable Veteran Goaltender To Partner With Levi
- Sabres Need To Upgrade Blueline To Improve Defensively
- Rochester Sweep Marlies, Face Hershey In Eastern Final
- Sabres Sign Novikov To ELC, Dubas Out In Toronto
Day #8 of the IIHF 2023 World Championships in Tampere, Finland and Riga, Latvia on Friday saw only one of the five Buffalo Sabres players in action, as Canada and the United States were idle.
Germany’s JJ Peterka went pointless and played just under 12 minutes in their 4-2 victory over Austria.
Hockey Now Network
Boston: Bruins Trade Speculation (Boston Bruins)
Calgary: Does Dubas Availability Alter Flames GM Plans? (Calgary Flames)
Chicago: Dubas Out Of Toronto Could Be Intriguing To Hawks (Chicago Blackhawks)
Colorado: A Lost Second Half For Francouz (Colorado Avalanche)
Los Angeles: Reflecting On Trades With Toronto During Dubas Tenure (Los Angeles Kings)
Montreal: Canadiens Prospect Hutson Excels At Every Level (Montreal Canadiens)
Nashville: Preds To Decide On Head Coach Soon (Nashville Predators)
NY Islanders: Islanders Agree To Contracts With Two Prospects (New York Islanders)
Philadelphia: The Flyers Have Won The Stanley Cup (Philadelphia Flyers)
Pittsburgh: GM Candidate Tulsky ‘A Unique And Impressive Resume’ (Pittsburgh Penguins)
San Jose: Could Sharks Surprise With #4 Pick? (San Jose Sharks)
Vegas: Howden’s OT Winner Gives Golden Knights Lead In Western Final (Vegas Golden Knights)