There are expectations that the Buffalo Sabres will make the playoffs for the first time in a dozen years, according to an early edition of ESPN’s power rankings. The Sabres moved up to #13 on the list, the highest for any club that missed the playoffs in 2022-23. The Vegas Golden Knights topped the list after winning their first Stanley Cup Championship last week, with the New Jersey Devils, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars, and Boston Bruins filling out the top 5.
William Karlsson with a classic Cup parade speech 😆 pic.twitter.com/E9NnEKA4u9
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) June 18, 2023
Sabres In Case You Missed It
- Draft Prospect Wood Drawing Comparisons To Tage Thompson
- Barkley Not Recognized By Eichel
- Will Sabres Use Available Cap Room To Make Big Summer Move
- Sabres Lacking Couple Pieces To Match Vegas Model
- What Could The Sabres Get In Return For Olofsson?
- Are The Sabres Checking In On Brett Pesce?
- Will Buffalo Qualify Tyson Jost?
- Five Defensemen The Could Be Sabres Trade Target
- Could The Sabres Trade Up In The First Round?
- Karlsson Not A Fit For Sabres Even If Sharks Retain
Vegas To Host 2024 Draft?
Nashville is set to host the NHL Draft next week, and as usual reports of where next year’s draft have begun to leak out. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman on his “32 Thoughts” podcast mentioned that Las Vegas will the likely host, which makes a lot of sense with a large number of accommodations and attractions.
Hockey Now Network
Boston: Montgomery Admits Misreading Bruins Body Language (Boston Bruins)
Calgary: Iginla Joins Flames As Advisor To Conroy (Calgary Flames)
Chicago: Hawks Soderblom Ready For Chicago (Chicago Blackhawks)
Florida: Panthers Lost Chance At Greatness….And Know It (Florida Panthers)
Los Angeles: Alex Turcotte; Bad Pick Or Bad Luck? (Los Angeles Kings)
Montreal: Canadiens ’23 Draft Betting Odds Reassures Fans (Montreal Canadiens)
Nashville: Askarov Switches Agents (Nashville Predators)
New Jersey: Fitzgerald Wants To Explore Locking Up Mercer This Summer (New Jersey Devils)
NY Islanders: Engvall Made Name For Himself In The Playoffs (New York Islanders)
Philadelphia: Moore Would Bring Speed, Two-Way Skills At #7 (Philadelphia Flyers)
Pittsburgh: Dubas In Spotlight, But Will Sullivan Make The Calls? (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Vegas: Oddsmakers Knock Golden Knights Chances Of Repeating (Vegas Golden Knights)