One day after the Vegas Golden Knights skated on the ice with the Stanley Cup, FanDuel released their odds for the 2024 Stanley Cup winner and the Buffalo Sabres are considered a long shot. The Colorado Avalanche had the best odds at +800, with the Toronto Maple Leafs the top Eastern Conference club at +1100. The Sabres were listed 17th in the NHL, 10th in their conference and 5th among Atlantic Division clubs at +4000.
FIRST LOOK AT NEXT SEASON 👀
— FanDuel Sportsbook (@FDSportsbook) June 14, 2023
Sabres In Case You Missed It
- Could Hellebuyck Be Solution To Sabres Goalie Issues?
- Sabres Looking To Peterka To Step Up After Worlds Performance
- Okposo On Eichel’s Exit From Buffalo; “He Stuck To His Guns”
- Is The Goalie Market Glut Too Good For Sabres To Pass Up?
- Sabres Need To Be Deft In Next Deal With Dahlin, Power
- Draft Prospect Wood Drawing Comparisons To Tage Thompson
- Barkley Not Recognized By Eichel
- Will Sabres Use Available Cap Room To Make Big Summer Move
- Sabres Lacking Couple Pieces To Match Vegas Model
- What Could The Sabres Get In Return For Olofsson?
Weber Leaving For St. Louis
The St. Louis Blues made a couple of additions to their coaching staff on Wednesday, naming Michael Babcock (son of Columbus head coach Mike) as a skills coach and former Rochester Americans assistant coach Mike Weber as part of Craig Berube’s staff.
Weber was a second-round pick of the Sabres in 2006 and played 341 games over eight seasons with Buffalo before finishing his NHL career in Washington in 2016 and spent three years with Rochester as an assistant to coach Seth Appert.
Hockey Now Network
Boston: Bruins Don’t Have What It Takes To Get Dubois (Boston Bruins)
Calgary: Hanifin Drawing Trade Interest (Calgary Flames)
Chicago: Hawks Re-Sign Athanasiou To Two-Year Deal (Chicago Blackhawks)
Colorado: Dubois And Other Trade Targets (Colorado Avalanche)
Los Angeles: Kings Re-Sign Gavrikov For Two Years (Los Angeles Kings)
Montreal: Canadiens Request Mailloux Meet With NHL, Discuss Future (Montreal Canadiens)
Nashville: Why A Predators-Kings Trade For Juuse Saros Didn’t Happen (Nashville Predators)
New Jersey: Nemec Named To AHL’s Top Prospect Team (New Jersey Devils)
NY Islanders: Lee Finalist For King Clancy Trophy (New York Islanders)
Philadelphia: Briere Says Landing Another First-Round Pick Was Key To Provorov Trade (Philadelphia Flyers)
Pittsburgh: Dubas Likes To Trade Down At Draft (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Vegas: Hill Save Biggest of His Life (Vegas Golden Knights)
Washington: Capitals’ Goalie Depth Takes Hit With Fucale Departure (Washington Capitals)