Day #6 of the IIHF 2023 World Championships in Tampere, Finland and Riga, Latvia on Wednesday saw three of the five Buffalo Sabres players in action. Devon Levi was the backup for St. Louis Blues goalie Joel Hofer in Canada’s 5-1 win over Kazakhstan, while Germany and JJ Peterka were not scheduled to play.
Sabres forward Jack Quinn assisted on Lawson Crouse’s game-winner in the first period, while Peyton Krebs had one shot on goal in 13:14 for the undefeated Canucks.
In Team USA’s 4-1 win over Austria, Alex Tuch was +1 and had two shots on goal in 18:17.
Sabres In Case You Missed It
- Adams Looking Ahead To Address Areas Of Need
- Prospect Sandin-Pellikka Could Be Option For Sabres At ’23 Draft
- Hawks Win Lottery, Sabres Select 13th
- Will #13 Be Lucky For The Sabres In Nashville?
- Americans Underdogs To Top-Seeded Marlies
- Sabres Have Opportunity With Atlantic Rivals Showing Cracks
- Eichel’s Golden Knights Finish Off McDavid’s Oilers
- Sabres Need A Stable Veteran Goaltender To Partner With Levi
- Sabres Need To Upgrade Blueline To Improve Defensively
In their May Mock Draft, Sportsnet’s Sam Cosentino has center Oliver Moore of the US National Development Program going at #13, the pick where the Buffalo Sabres are selecting.
The 5’11”, 176 lb forward plays with pace and has “a hockey junkie personality” and is committed to the University of Minnesota.
Hockey Now Network
Boston: Would Florida Winning Make Bruins Fans Feel Any Better? (Boston Bruins)
Calgary: Lucic Looking To Extend NHL Career (Calgary Flames)
Chicago: Hawks Won’t Be Bringing Back Kane Or Toews (Chicago Blackhawks)
Colorado: Is Nylander A Fit? (Colorado Avalanche)
Los Angeles: Re-Signing Korpisalo Or Gavrikov Priority #1 For Kings? (Los Angeles Kings)
Montreal: Canadiens Could Get Creative With Florida’s First Rounder (Montreal Canadiens)
Nashville: Is Trotz Considering A New Head Coach For Nashville? (Nashville Predators)
NY Islanders: Dobson Met The Standard But Missed Expectations (New York Islanders)
Philadelphia: Gauthier Scores Again At World Championships (Philadelphia Flyers)
Pittsburgh: Leafs Want Dubas Back (Pittsburgh Penguins)
San Jose: For Adin Hill, What A Difference A Team Makes (San Jose Sharks)
Vegas: Golden Knights Become Cup Favorites (Vegas Golden Knights)